Beach Bums looking for Host Families
Wuerfel Park -- The Traverse City Beach Bums are currently looking to build their Host Family program and are looking for host family's willing to provide a room for one of the college students completing their internships with us. Our current host families are fantastic but we are always interested in hearing from potential new families for the 2016 season. The host family program is a vital part of every minor league team, and we at the Beach Bums believe the quality of people who live in the Grand Traverse area sets our host family program apart from the rest of the league.
Who are Interns? Interns are single and between the ages of 20 and 24. They are students or graduate students who need to complete an internship as part of their college graduation requirements. The personal qualities we seek in an Intern are friendliness, openness, maturity, adaptability, motivation, and enthusiasm.
How long will an Intern stay with our family? In most cases the Intern will stay with a host family for one school trimester (End of April through the end of August, etc.)
What will it cost? Host Families provide free room and board to the Intern. Costs will include food, utilities, and minor incidental expenses.
What should we expect of the Intern?
● Become a part of the family
● Help with simple household chores
● Do his/her own laundry
● Follow house rules
● Adjust to the host family’s schedule
● Participate in family activities, if invited
● Keep the host family informed of his/her plans
● Live with more than one family
● Take the initiative to spend time with the family
● Build a relationship with the host siblings
We have a small house. Will this be a problem? No. Our only requirement is that the Intern have his/her own room (must be a legal bedroom) with a door that closes for privacy.
Although host families are not financially compensated, but their participation will be a big part of the interns' success with the Traverse City Beach Bums. However, there are are perks for taking on that responsibility. Mainly, you will become a member of the Traverse City Beach Bums team and family. Some of other benefits include season tickets, a year end picnic on the Party Patio and a discount card for concessions and the gift shop.
- It is the Beach Bums' policy to place one intern, per host family
- The most desirable host families are those that will take full advantage of their season tickets
- Light sleepers be warned - interns will be leaving early in the morning and return very late at night
- Keep in mind these will be grown men and women from the ages of 20-24.
Again, we want to stress our commitment to our host family program. We did not get in this business to be second best. Therefore, we will make our interns and our host families as compatible as possible to avoid potential problems, and that requires an application process. Before applying to our program, please carefully consider the information provided. Then, if you are willing to proceed, please contact Tony Burch at email@example.com or call us at (231) 943-0100.
Thank you for your interest!