Wuerfel Park Microbrew & Wine Festival
Friday, July 8th 3-8 pm and Saturday, July 9th 12-6 pm
Location: Wuerfel Park, a minor league baseball stadium home to the Traverse City Beach Bums
333 Stadium Drive, Traverse City, MI 49685 / (231) 943-0100 / www.tcbeachbums.com
Friday, July 8th Buy Tickets for
Saturday, July 9th
This will be a great festival and a place to taste test a wide variety of microbrews and wines from Northern Michigan. The facilities are the best in Northern Michigan for a festival like this - please come out and see us!
INFORMATION ABOUT WUERFEL PARK & FESTIVAL
- Wuerfel Park is located just south of Traverse City, MI in Blair Township.
- Voted the cleanest stadium in the country 4 out of 5 years
- It is located on 30 acres with an 11 acre parking lot providing over 1,200 parking spaces
- Modern facilities, clean bathrooms, seating for 5,000+ including tables with chairs, chairbacks, and lawn areas
- Over 20 points of sale for you to experience many different food options. Visit the concession stands, beer rooms, ice cream parlors, pizza room, and grilling stations
- Two large gift shops with Beach Bums apparel and Microbrew & Wine Festival items including t-shirts, sweatshirts, logo print glasses, beer mugs, logo bags, hats and more
- Giveaways every 15 minutes and contests all day long to win a variety of merchandise
- Spin our wheel of fortune, see how fast you can throw, or how far you can hit with our new games featuring radar guns and a hitting booth. Other Contests going on all day.
- Watch videos on our state of the art video board and see information on all microbreweries and wineries participating in the festival
- Please no pets allowed
- Must be 21 or older to attend and everyone must present photo identification to enter.
- Advance tickets go on sale June 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM at the Wuerfel Park ticket office, online at: www.tcbeachbums.com or by phone 231-943-0100.
- Tickets are $40.00 for 1-day pass or $60.00 for a 2-day pass if purchased in advance. Tickets purchased at the door will be $50.00 for a 1-day pass or $70.00 for 2-day passes.
- Friday, July 8 ticket good from 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, July 9 ticket good from 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- All ticket purchases are final - no refunds.
Included with each ticket you will also get these great items with a value of over $32.00!
- (10) 3oz drink vouchers. Additional drink tokens are available to purchase for $1.00 each ($10.00 value)
- (2) ticket vouchers to any remaining 2011 Beach Bums game ($20.00 value)
- (2) Microbrew Festival logo tasting cups
- (1) Bag of Pretzels ($2.00 value)
**No outside coolers, food, beverage, or pets are allowed in Wuerfel Park. All bags will be subject to search upon entrance to Wuerfel Park.
All concession stands will be open during festival hours. Be sure to check out our new additional kiosks as well as some brand new items and timeless favorites including:
- Beach Bums 1/2 lb. Hawg Dog, Johnsonville brats, 1/3 lb. Bum Burger, Kosher all beef Hebrew National hot dogs
- Barbecued pulled pork sandwiches and nachos
- Barbecue pulled chicken sandwiches and nachos
- Jets Pizza and Bosco sticks
- Barbecue boneless wings, chicken fingers & fries
- Burrito with Salsa
- Pretzels, popcorn, candy
- Ice cream parlors
- Pepsi products
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I get tickets?
Wuerfel Park Ticket Office.
Tickets for the Wuerfel Park Microbrew and Wine Festival will go on sale Wednesday, June 1st at 10:00 am. Tickets are available from the Wuerfel Park ticket office open Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Tickets can also be purchased over the phone by calling (231) 943-0100. Tickets purchased before the day of the event will be $40 for a 1-day pass or $60 for a 2-day pass. Available tickets will also be sold at the door ($50 for 1-day tickets, $70 for 2-day tickets). Must be 21 or older to attend and everyone must present photo identification to enter.
Current Participating Vendors (more added all the time)
Arbor Brewing Company - Ann Arbor, MI
Bell's Brewery, Inc - Kalamazoo, MI
North Peak Brewing Company - Traverse City, MI
Dark Horse Brewing Company - Marshall, MI
Founders Brewing Company - Grand Rapids, MI
Frankenmuth Brewery - Frankenmuth, MI
Keweenaw Brewing Company - Houghton, MI
Jolly Pumpkin Brewery - Traverse City, MI
Shorts Brewing Company - Bellaire, MI
New Holland Brewing - Holland, MI
Atwater Block Brewery - Detroit, MI
Detroit Brewing Company - Detroit, MI
Michigan Brewing Company - Webberville, MI
Mt. Pleasant Brewing Company - Mt. Pleasant, MI
The Livery - Benton Harbor, MI
Schmohz Brewing Company - Grand Rapids, MI
Right Brain Brewery - Traverse City, MI
Arcadia Brewing Company - Battle Creek, MI
Midland Brewing Company - Midland, MI
Black Star Farms Winery - Traverse City, MI
Chateau Chantal - Traverse City, MI
Chateau Grand Traverse - Traverse City, MI
Leelanau Wine Cellars - Omena, MI
Bowers Harbor Vineyard - Traverse City, MI
What if it rains?
The festival will operate RAIN OR SHINE!
Can I Smoke at the Festival?
Sorry Wuerfel Park is a Smoke Free Facility. We have designated smoking corrals located outside of the entry gates.
What is your re-entry policy?
There is no re-entry during each day of the festival. Please come prepared with everything you need to enjoy the event for the day. Wuerfel Park is a non-smoking facility. Smoking will be provided outside of the park in our designated smoking corrals.
Can I purchase additional tasting tokens?
Yes. Friday's admission includes ten drink samples; all additional tokens are $1.00 each after that. Saturday's admission also includes ten drink samples; all additional tokens are $1.00 each after that.
Is there a designated driver ticket?
We certainly encourage each attendee to have a designated driver! However, in addition to microbrew and wine samples, festival attendees will have access to a full lineup of food and beverages, merchandise, festival activities and special events. For this reason, discounted tickets are not available for designated drivers or non-drinkers. Thank you for your understanding.
I'm under 21. Can I attend the festival?
No, festival attendees must be at least 21 or over and photo identification will be checked upon entry each day of the festival. Thank you for your understanding.
Can I bring my children to the festival?
Sorry, children and anyone under 21 are not allowed at the festival. However, we encourage you to bring them with you when you come back to use your free ticket voucher for a 2011 Beach Bums game.
What is your refund policy?
All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
What are the festival hours?
Friday, July 8th hours are 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Saturday, July 9th hours are 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
Can I bring chairs/blankets to the festival?
There is plenty of seating at Wuerfel Park - a capacity of over 5,000. You can bring a folding chair or blanket to sit on the lawn area if you prefer but it is not necessary.
Are pets allowed at the festival?
No pets are allowed on the festival grounds. Please leave your 4-legged companions at home.
There will be a large area designated for parking on-site at the festival with over 1,200 spaces in the designated lots and surrounding side streets.
There will be a table set up just outside the front gate where a staff member will be happy to assist you with coordinating a ride from local cab services:
Celtic Cabs - (231) 313-1760
Cherry Capital Cabs - (231) 941-8294
Chippewa Cab - (231) 946-4688
Please enjoy the festival responsibly! Never drink and drive.
Please keep coming back to www.tcbeachbums.com for updates, or you can call our ticket office at: 231-943-0100